My DVD drive was not working from the past few months and I didn’t really care. But recently I had some work which would deal with the DVDs. So I bought myself a new drive and installed it in my PC. In the due course of time I have also upgraded my OS to windows 10. One day when I opened the My Computer the DVD drive icon was missing. Initially I thought that the drive I bought was not working or dead but when I checked it in my friend’s PC it worked completely fine. So I knew that the problem was in my system. After a thorough research about the issue, I finally found a solution which actually worked for me. If you have encountered the same problem, then follow the steps below. After following the below steps I am sure that you will find the fix to DVD drive not being detected.
Solved: DVD Drive not Working
- Click Start and open Run.
- In the Run Dialog Box, type regedit and click OK.
- Now the Registry Editor will be opened.
- Here search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- In that search for SYSTEM.
- In that goto CURRENT CONTROL SET.
- In this select SERVICES.
- Here search for “atapi”.
- Now right click on “atapi” and select New and name it Controller0.
- Here a new process or thread will be created which can be seen in the dialog on the right.
- Right click on Default and select NEW D-WORD(32 bit ).
- Name this EnumDevice1.
- After creating this registry Dword right click and select modify and give the value 1.
- Close all the windows and restart your system.
After you have restarted your computer you can find your DVD Drive back in your My Computer. This method worked for me and should work for you too. Please share this post if you find it helpful.